Wednesday 27 May 2009

Warmth, Passion

I have been looking at the different kinds of patterning lately I have seen some interesting examples of in Art Brut books. Using quite quite solid colours. Some of the work I've tried to work with quite closely. This is a very much edited version which has changed it to be a bit more bright and colourful. 


I experimented with a different means of colouring which was felt tip pens, a bit of an unusual choice for me and it gets quite sketch and textured. I use a lot of fluid inks to get more solid block textures and sometimes coloured pencil but its quite easy to judge the pressure to get it looking a bit more even.

It wanted to come up with something that was nice and bright and loving. I just wanted to create a fairly passionate image, trying to see what kinds of moods I can create.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: