Tuesday 29 April 2008

Wrinkles - Illustration Friday



Monday was a day of mystery not knowing what wonders we would behold as we were given our brief. So this week I am taking part in Illustration Friday, the theme is wrinkles so here is some of my sketch book ideas. I wad trying to get away from the idea of old people and try something that was a bit abstract but now I think I am going to give it more of a narrative feel and I enjoy drawing people so I went for a wee trip out of the studio. We are doing this with Jill Calder and I feel that it is unfortunate that we haven't seen so much of her this year because she has set us some really interesting stuff. (p.s. this is rehearsed compliment designed specifically to get brownie points because she is probably reading this)

I went and hung out it Elephant House in Edinburgh as it's always very chatty and busy, so I drew some people, if you ever go the Elephant house try the mallow delight it's really nice I don't really like hot chocolate but ummmmm. Anyway look at the image and see how deep and meaningful it is. Stay tuned. ^_^

1 comment:

Jill Calder said...

...yes, I am reading this!
I do like what you are doing with your blog though - it has evolved so much in this one week alone, so keep that up. It seems like an ideal platform for your combination of ideas, drawings and writing.