Thursday 1 May 2008

Illustration Friday Entry - Wrinkles


Here is my entry for Illustration Friday this week it was enjoyable but ended up with me spending a lot of money and the Elephant House again. Oh well, I saw a couple of ladies talking and they spoke in whispers and "bitchy" from what I could tell. So I did an ad-lib of sorts. I hope you enjoy this, I most certainly enjoyed doing it. I may upload some of the other sketches soon as there are quite a few I'm quite happy with.


I had been doing lots of just black drawings some with a fine liner and some with a dip pen, this was fine liner. I hasn't used any colour really so far so I decided to test it on a throw away sketch I did earlier on and then I applied it carefully to these drawings. The ladies weren't really this horrific looking but I extenuated and added the words to make it look like it could either be a thought of one of them or them talking amoungst each other.

Thanks for visiting any feedback would be appreciated!

4 comments:

irene said...

I love the red cheeks! xire

Timothy Hunt said...

You got a great feel for these gals. I can hear their conversation going on in my head. Really like your stencil work as well. I'd love to see that graphic novel!

nicole urquhart said...

Interesting image, it makes me think of punch and judy.x

Lisa Mertins illustration said...

nice work laura! best wishes on your new blog and i look forward to seeing you again on illustration friday :)

lisa m.